ICEngineering Subjects

Monday, January 24, 2011

More Rallycrossing with Detroit Region SCCA

I don't really remember what happened for a while, but I know that the car was up on jackstands in Sean's garage for a while, and at some point it was at my house to weld in some trigger teeth for the Terratrip, and at another point I was trying to figure out the car's ultra-messy wiring and pulled a few pounds of unnecessary wire out among other things. The next thing I know, it's September and we're going to another rallycross, this time at the Calhoun County Fairgrounds in Marshall, MI to do a shakedown before the Lake Superior Performance Rally.

This rallycross was a lot of fun, as we were getting the GTI into third gear pretty regularly and the car was driving great. I was actually leading in the morning session just by virtue of not hitting too many cones, and Sean was just behind. Halfway through the afternoon runs though, we discovered that the car was leaking fuel and with Jon Armstrong (the Tech Chief) right behind us, we couldn't really just keep running. Luckily, Jon offered up his super awesome rallycross Civic for both of us to drive, so we finished out our runs in a much louder, higher-powered car. I managed to hit enough cones on my last run to drop from 1st to 3rd, but Sean took the win and fun was had by all.


And of course thanks to Jon Armstrong for the car donation!

No comments:

Post a Comment