ICEngineering Subjects

Monday, January 24, 2011

First Event: Rallycross Eastern States Championship

The first event that the car saw under new ownership was the Eastern States Rallycross Championship on May 22, 2010, held at the Lenawee County Fairgrounds in Adrian, MI. Just prior to this event, we pulled the GTI into my garage, replaced the master cylinder and re-ran all of the brake lines, including the installation of a hydraulic hand-brake and a proportioning valve. I don't have pictures of this, but they're somewhere. Driving the GTI to the event was really the shakedown to prove that the brakes still worked. It leaked fluid all over the hatch floor...but it was just a loose fitting, so we tightened it up and all was well. The car was great for this event, with Sean taking 4th of 10 and I was a bit behind in 6th. Results are here (PDF). This was my first experience racing a FWD car, so that's my excuse. Here's a picture:

No comments:

Post a Comment